Monday, October 6, 2008

One crust Chicken pot pie

Fall Comfort Food. My family loves this recipe, and it is a great way to get your kids to eat some veggies. Not to mention this is the easiest "pie" recipe ever made.

The Goods

1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayo (I use light mayo and it tastes the same)
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbs Flour
2 tsp. Chicken Bullion
Pepper to taste
1/2 package of frozen Peas
1/2 package of frozen Corn
1 can of refrigerated Crescent rolls
*last time I made this I found a package called recipe creations from Pillsbury, It's one flat sheet of dough and it was perfect for this recipe. Either one will work
1 package of Good Seasons Italian Seasoning
1.Boil bite sized pieced of your chicken breasts. (I usually add a bit of bullion to my water to flavor the chicken). Set aside.
2.In a small saucepan bring mayo, pepper, bullion, and flour to a boil stirring constantly. (It will be thick), then gradually add milk stirring constantly. Then add your chicken, veggies and Italian seasoning. Make sure your veggies are cooked through, then add to a casserole dish around 8 by 8 in. in size.
3.If using Crescent rolls seal together the perforations of the dough and cover the casserole dish completely. You will have a little extra dough to decorate the outside edge. If using the baking sheet do the same.
4.Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes. It should be golden brown and the dough should be cooked through.
5.Brush with a little butter, cut and enjoy!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hay...
You haven't let me down even once on a recipe. So, I'm always excited to see what else you have cooking. My whole family loves your style of cooking. Thanks for sharing & I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Tierra said...

OK I might be having one GINORMOUS brain fart but who is Hayley? Cuz that pie looks delish but I thought I knew all the girls at the Kutting Edge...Sorry Hayley if I should know you!

Hayley said...

Don't Worry about it, I worked there for about 5 years, but quit 2years ago and Kristin was nice enough to invite me! :)