Monday, February 9, 2009

Banana Bread

I just made this recipe 2 days ago and loved it, I had bananas that I let get nice and brown and figured since produce always goes bad at my house, I should make the best of it. I love this recipe, so simple & amazing. This is my Aunt Jeanne's recipe- its a similar version of my Grandma Dora Mae's recipe.


1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 TSP Lemon Juice
2 Eggs
1 Cup Mashed Banana's (the riper, browner, mushier... the better)
1/4 Cup Milk
1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
1/2 TSP Baking Soda
1/4 TSP Salt
2 Cups Flour

Add ingredients in this order, mixing continuously... mix well.
We like to add milk chocolate chips, the recipe says you can use 1 Cup Nuts but I dont believe nuts belong in food.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or longer- depending on loaf. Use toothpick to know for sure. This makes 2 medium size loaves at my house...

No comments: