Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tomato Macaroni Soup

Dustin and I love Juniper Take Out's version of this, it tastes almost identical to their recipe. I searched forever online to find something similar, i found it on RECIPE4LIVING.COM but I had to revise a few things and might confuse you a little bit. This is an INDUSTRIAL amount, it makes 2 great big pots. I freeze half of it usually or sometimes that will be our dinner for a while! Its so delicious! I hope you love it as much as we do!

Combine in 1 pot;
1 LB Browned Hamburger Meat (I use extra lean & drain it really good).
1 Small Onion Diced
1/2 Cup Green Onion Diced
1 Large Celery Stalk Chopped
1 Large Carrot, Grated
1 TSP 'Deverles' Salt Seasoning
2 Rounded TBS Brown Sugar
1.5 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
Small Elbow Macaroni, I add different amounts every time I make it. The first time I made this I forgot that pasta triples in size... yes I am a genius. So use what you think, around 1/4 of the medium sized bag of pasta is average of what I use...
2 QUARTS Tomato Juice
1/2 QUART Water

Add salt & pepper to taste, bring to boil and leave on medium heat stirring frequently until pasta & celery cook all the way through. I love this soup re-heated, the flavors always blend better after a day or so!

A great companion to this recipe... SCONES!

No comments: